At Tudhoe Moor Nursery School we are committed to providing a wealth of experiences which enable children to develop enquiring minds and to become independent learners within a safe, happy and stimulating environment, both indoors and out. They have long periods of time when they can play both inside and out, observed carefully by our staff. We strongly believe children learn best through play and so we make sure that the environments they play in are well planned, organised and resourced with clean, high quality resources to promote high quality engagement.
We aim to provide the best Early Years education, in partnership with parents, carers, Governors and the wider community, to ensure that every individual child enjoys education and reaches their full potential. We strive to involve parents at all levels, recognising the huge benefits that a shared partnership brings to each child’s Nursery experience.
- To provide an exciting, varied and fun curriculum which responds to the children’s needs and interests.
- To know and value each child as an individual, building up relationships based on trust and respect.
- To work closely with families to share vital knowledge to ensure that each child receives the best possible care and education based on individual needs.
- To provide a carefully planned, safe and stimulating environment.
- To take account of different learning styles so that children can access a wide variety of learning experiences and reach their full potential.
- To work closely as a team, striving for excellence and continual improvement.
- To use the locality to enhance the curriculum and give the children a sound knowledge of their immediate world around them.
- To involve parents in every step of their child’s education, working in a partnership based on mutual respect and trust.
- Outdoor learning is a crucial.
- Every child has a right to play and to receive the best education possible, to feel safe and well cared for, to be heard and to be healthy.
- Children should be given choices and opportunities to solve problems in order to achieve deep level learning.
- Children need to feel safe, happy, loved, respected and valued in order to be confident learners and to reach their full potential.
- Children should be praised for believing they can, persevering, challenging themselves and trying hard.
- Independence skills are promoted to support children in preparing for the next stage of education.
Our school will be a place where children have fun and become confident learners. They will learn about their place in the world and be ready to face the challenges of the 21st century.