During the day the children are involved in a wide range of activities either chosen by themselves or led by teachers and support staff. Each day is very different but there is a general structure which is based around the following:
- Welcome: children are welcomed into Nursery by their key worker before going to play with their friends.
- Group time (language and literacy based): stories, nursery rhymes and group conversations.
- Free play: children can choose their own activities and are supported by staff to extend their learning.
- Snack time: children enjoy their snack with their key worker group.
- Group time (language and maths based): counting songs and number sense activities.
Those that stay all day also take part in the following:
- Lunchtime: children have a hot meal or packed lunch.
- Group time: topic time focusing on children’s interests.