During the day the children are involved in a wide range of activities either chosen by themselves or led by teachers and support staff. Each day is very different but there is a general structure which is based around the following:
- Welcome: self – registration followed by fine motor activities to help children settle.
- Group time: stories, nursery rhymes, counting activities.
- Free play: children can choose their own activities and are supported by staff to extend their learning.
- Snack time: children can choose to have their snack (milk/water and fruit) during free play.
- Phonics: developing listening skills and an awareness of letter sounds (when children are ready).
Those that stay all day (30 hours children), also take part in the following:
- Lunchtime: children have a hot meal or packed lunch.
- Group time: topic time focusing on children’s interests.