SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Julia Hymers (M.Ed, PGCE, Ba Hons). Contact telephone number is 01388 436 000.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Speech and language team
- Occupational therapy
- CAMHS (Childhood and Adolescent Mental Health Support)
- SCAT (Social and Communication Assessment Team)
- Educational Psychologists
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
If we have concerns about a child we would make a referral to the relevant specialist. This referral could provide support for school, parents or the child or may offer money to provide extra support during school.